Business Development Manager
|Job Type:||Permanent||Location:||Dublin City Centre|
|Salary:||€55,000 - €65,000||Contact:||Anet Burke|
|Benefits:||Bonus, Permanent Health Insurance|
My client, a leader in their field, is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for the business development activities of company through a chosen panel of Intermediaries.
This will typically involve exploiting new business opportunities by building deep relationships with Intermediaries and additionally with a small number of corporates that have a national profile, a presence in the Southern Region, and have the ability to distribute the company’s products. The delivery of agreed medium to long term new business income and service targets as well as attaining an appropriate business mix in a compliant and professional manner will be most important. The key to this will mainly be to implement a successful strategy for winning and retaining intermediaries.
- Grow and enhance existing intermediary relationships
- Develop new intermediary relationships
- Introduce a pre-agreed quantum of new funds and new income from new schemes in addition to the existing schemes in the area.
- Achieve product sales targets for new products as they come on stream. e.g. investment platform
- Provide a high level of technical knowledge and support to the Intermediary panel to help in the sales and marketing of schemes.
- Engage in formal presentations to a small number of Corporates and their distribution teams to educate on the benefits and features of the company’s products. The aim is to raise their skill level to enable them to complete business with end user clients.
- Engage in marketing initiatives, e.g. seminars, mail shots, articles and client meetings.
- Work closely with the CPE teams to manage and ensure the highest level of service is delivered to clients and intermediaries at all times
- Ensure that the Company’s business proposition and brand integrity are maintained at all times
- Provide pre-agreed management information
- Provide details of interviews and meetings held
- Undertake sufficient Continuous Professional Development (CPD) hours to maintain/attain relevant qualifications as required
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the Company’s compliance requirements at all times
- Learn and adhere to the Service Standards of the Company, especially the core processes, philosophy and beliefs.
- The company has over 50 employees, most of which are based in Dublin.
- Working closely with Intermediaries and sometimes their clients typically in intermediary offices.
- Liaising with Sales Director/Head of Advisor Services and Sales Support on a daily basis.
- Working as part of a Sales Team
- You will be given support from the CPE Team, the Technical & Consultancy team, and the Marketing Team and be given full details on each product that we offer.
- Technical Skill Development.
- Providing service excellence in everything that is done.
- Client / Intermediary relationship development and management and networking capability.
- Delivery of New Business Sales Targets.
- Compliance Management.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Three years experience in Pensions environment is required, preferably in front line business development.
- Ideally CFP Qualification attained (we will also consider candidates with QFA who are progressing towards CFP qualifications).
- A relevant business, financial services or accountancy qualification is also beneficial.
- Experience of building business through intermediaries is important.
For a confidential discussion around this position or other opportunities please contact Anet Burke on 01 210 1010 or email your CV in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org