Chairman of Obstetrics /Gynaecology
|Benefits:||Paid Holidays, Canteen, Gym, Relocation package, Bonus, Permanent Health Insurance, Travel Allowance|
My client, a leader in their field in the Middle East, is seeking an experienced Chairman of Obstetrics /Gynaecology
Reporting to the Executive Director Medical Services, the Chairman of Obstetrics /Gynaecology is committed to the enhancement in women’s health by providing high quality, patient centered, and cost effective health care in a compassionate, respectful and professional manner that will be implemented by assisting in development skills and medical knowledge of the department’s staff. The Chairman will promote and encourage medical research and educational programs. The Chairman will also act as the role model for the department by being a responsible, committed, highly active, motivated physician.
In addition to his/her duty as a Consultant, the Chairman of OB/GYN shall be held accountable by the Chief of Medical Services for fulfilling the obligations which are common to all department chairmen in the hospital (according to JCIA standards, laws and bylaws and rules and regulations for medical staff). The duties and responsibilities of the Chairman are subject but not limited to the following:
1. The Chairman is responsible for supporting the hospitals goals and core values.
2. The Chairman in liaison with the Head Divisions is responsible for developing the mission, goals and objectives that are specific to the department. The departmental mission and goals must be in line with the corporate mission and goals. In doing so, the Chairman will serve as an advocate for the department’s interest.
3. The Chairman is responsible for fulfilling the needs of the department which include the selection, recruitment and retention of competent professional manpower as well as ensuring the availability of material and equipment which is deemed necessary for the treatment of all patients.
4. Define the department’s Scope of Service and strategy, plan basic community needs and available resources
5. Plan, schedule and direct work of the department in collaboration with the Head Divisions.
6. Assure that regular and systematic monitoring and evaluation of quality, appropriateness of patient care and safety are performed in conjunction with available departmental and hospital resources. The Chair will ensure that the work is carried out in collaboration with the departmental Quality Improvement and Peer Review Committee. The Chair will also assure that recommendations for action within the department are implemented.
7. Assume responsibility for implementation of hospital and department policies and procedures, laws and bylaws, rules and regulations for medical staff within the department.
8. Prepare the department’s annual report of departmental activities for submission to Medical Services.
9. Continuous monitoring of the clinical performance and ethical behaviour of all physicians who hold privileges including locums within the department.
10. Ensure a clean, pleasant and professional working environment.
11. Promote Residency, Fellowship and other training programs within the department.
12. Assume responsibility of overseeing work and ethical behaviour for all staff in conjunction with Chief Medical Services.
13. Promote a multidisciplinary teamwork approach as a means of establishing and maintaining patient care practice and other professional activities.
14. Meet monthly with all members of the department to address any standing concerns, discuss policies, activities, programs, etc.
15. Meet monthly with the department’s Division Heads to review and evaluate patient care as well as stay up to date on activities and concerns throughout the department.
16. Assess applications; make recommendations to the Chairman of the Promotions and Credentialing
17. Committee concerning the initial appointment, re-contracting and clinical privileges to be granted to staff working within the department.
18. Recommend the appropriate number of qualified medical staff to provide care service and/or to engage in learning and research
Principal Working Relationships
Executive Director, Medical Services (Administration) Departmental Chairman
Deputy Chairman Division Heads
Employees-Consultants, Staff Physicians, Residents and Interns
Board Certified Obstetrics/Gynaecology
At least 15 years experience as a Consultant (5 years as a Team Leader or Senior). Two years administration experience is preferred or a minimum of 2 years as the Division Head. A minimum of two years of Western experience preferred. The preferred candidate will be a person with great ethical conduct and a charismatic personality.
Language Skills: English: Essential Arabic: Preferred
For a confidential discussion around this position or other opportunities please contact Anet Burke on 01 210 1010 or email your cv in strictest confidence to email@example.com