Country Business Analyst
|Job Type:||Contract||Location:||Dublin South|
My client a highly regarded Medical Devices Company is looking for a Country Business Analyst to join their team.
Responsible for providing business planning & analytical support to specific countries. This will include producing weekly, quarterly and annual forecasts / budgets. This position will maintain, develop & analyze various performance & monthly close reports identifying & highlight areas of concern to senior managers; develop a thorough understanding of company metrics and will provide financial business partner support to other functions across national borders. The role will also support country business reviews, by providing analytics to understand current state performance and gap closure initiatives and also the further development of reporting tools. The position will report to a Manager of Finance International FP&A and will be required to support other functions to interpret financial data.
1. PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain existing performance management reports for the client, inc. Revenue, Headcount and Expense and distribute to senior management with appropriate commentary highlighting material variances.
- Ensure all reporting is error free and validation checks are performed.
- Evaluate current reporting, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend alternatives for enhanced data and improved efficiencies. Develop alternative performance reports as required.
- Develop consistent Excel standards to be used in all models, ensuring model revisions are controlled.
- Analysis of various monthly financial information: Inc. Revenues, Margins, Expenses & Headcount.
- Maintain existing monthly reports within Excel.
- Monitor actual performance against budget, analyse variances and report on exceptions. Alert senior management to issues and help drive corrective action / resolve.
- Develop in-depth understanding of actual results and provide high level analysis and appraisal of actual monthly business performance.
- Evaluate current reporting, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend alternatives for enhanced data and improved efficiencies.
- Perform all other duties and projects as required.
- Handling of the entire Forecast & Budget process.
- Review proposed business plans, track performance against agreed initiatives, KPI’s and targets.
- Prepare presentation materials summarising business results and trends for senior managers.
- Assist in the gathering of supporting data for planning assumptions.
- Proactively challenge existing business processes and modelling techniques to continually improve the planning process.
- Supports Central Function departments in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepare and analyze ongoing financial trends to help understand trends, build reporting and escalate material issues to Manager of Finance International FP&A.
- Perform robust analysis to assist management in making business decisions, providing constructive critical thinking as well as business and financial guidance.
- Compile data and assumptions from multiple sources in a meaningful format.
- Develop data mining capabilities to retrieve historical data from company’s financial systems.
- Help in the build out of Business scorecards.
- Support other departments with appropriate analysis to drive insight and recommendations.
- Assist business partners in other functions to interpret financial information and work in cross functional teams to resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Economics
- Relevant experience (preferably in the field of management accounting)
- Experience of financial reporting and information systems an advantage
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint user
- Must be highly organized, have a natural drive for results, be able to work on multiple projects / analysis at the same time.
- Excellent English language skills; any additional European language is an advantage.