Data Analytics Manager
|Job Type:||Permanent||Location:||Dublin City Centre|
|Salary:||€65,000 - €75,000||Contact:||Capital|
My client a leading financial institution is seeking an experienced Data Analytics Manager to join their team.
What is the purpose of this Role?
The primary purpose of the Decision Science Manager is to lead a team of highly skilled individuals who deliver & maintain the company’s credit analytics models and scorecards that underpin the strategic direction and risk appetite of the business including the decision science infrastructure for the full credit risk lifecycle.
The role holder will work with the Head of Decision Science
- A degree in a Physics /Mathematical/ Statistical/ Computer Science or associated discipline.
- Previous experience in an financial services environment is desirable but not essential
- 3-5 years management experience
- Expertise in statistical techniques (such as regression, cluster analysis, principal component analysis, experimental design, etc)
- Highly PC literate with a good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications (Word/Excel especially).
- Highly proficient in SAS Base and statistical procedures would also be advantage.
- Experience of programming languages such as SQL, VB, etc., is desirable
- Have proven skills in analysing & manipulating data.
- Exposure to decision engines would also be advantageous.
Further Expected Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate and negotiate successfully with colleagues at all levels up to Director level, and build effective working relationships across the business (internal and external).
- An Customer/consumer focus would be beneficial
- Excellent people management skills with a proven track record for motivating and driving teams forward to deliver results, coupled with strong staff retention skills.
- Well developed report writing and presentation skills and an ability to interact at senior levels within the organisation.
- An innovative, creative approach to problem solving.
- Embraces change, with solid project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures.
- Proven ability to manage a team of highly intellectual individuals to ensure a structured output is delivered in a timely manner