Project Manager - Infrastructure
|Job Type:||Permanent||Location:||Dublin South|
My client a leader in their field is seeking a Project Manager – Infrastructure to join their team.
- Work closely with the IS Infrastructure team leadership to execute priority projects in the IS Infrastructure portfolio
- Manage IS Projects through the full delivery lifecycle in alignment with the company IS Project Methodology
- Manage Project Initiation including defining and agreeing scope and requirements with a wide range of relevant stakeholders
- Plan and oversee project schedules
- Identify, manage and monitor risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies as appropriate
- Agree project tolerances with the IS Portfolio Managers and manage change appropriately
- Ensure an appropriate and agreed level of communication is maintained with the Project Team, the IS Portfolio Managers, local IS teams and all relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with Business Change Teams to ensure change from Projects is smoothly and successfully transitioned into the company business
- Understand when a project has fulfilled its objectives, measure and report on the benefits and value that have been delivered to the company, manage handover of systems into Operational Support, conduct debriefing sessions and close out all open issues
- Coordinate with other teams and Projects to manage dependencies as required
- Manage other IS related Projects/initiatives as required
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- To work with the overall global infrastructure and information security team to ensure a high level of service is achieved.
- Good communications to be maintained within the project team and its stakeholders as well as the wider Information Systems team.
- Liaison with 3rd parties on all technical issues relating to the implementation of a new system.
- Providing professional project and Program management and communication skills and experience to drive all projects and initiatives
- Ensure all projects within this category are managed to PMO standards.
- ITIL foundation course and above or demonstrated working within an ITIL environment preferable.
- Project Management accreditation
- Evidence of a having been involved in the management and delivery of medium sized IT infrastructure projects involving Systems Procurement, Software Development and/or complex Configuration and Integration
- Evidence of managing and supporting stakeholders through new office deployments and/or office moves
- A good understanding of Business Analysis and Project Management techniques is required. PRINCE2 or PMP qualifications is beneficial.
- Experience of scheduling and managing projects resources
- Experience of writing and managing project documentation
- Whilst Oil and Gas Exploration and Production sector-specific systems is also useful, experience in other sectors recognized for their rapid pace of change will be welcomed
- An appreciation of the business life-cycle that enables optimization of systems through an aligned set of back-office and front-office systems
- Evidence of having worked successfully in internationally dispersed organizations and in high-growth companies
Strengths & Behaviours
- Should have experience working with multiple groups of stakeholders under pressure successfully and as gracefully as possible
- The delivery of projects within the Exploration & Production portfolio should focus on meeting or creating global operations standards wherever possible
- Having one individual accountable for the quality of project delivery across multiple E & P projects ensures lessons are more likely learned and reinvested, simplifying the experience of receiving IS projects for our customers
- The role holder will have problems escalated to them on a regular basis and must often demonstrate out of the box thinking to find suitable resolutions
- The role holder should be an experienced vendor manager and be comfortable working along side supply chain in establishing commercial terms for procurement of goods and services related to the projects.