Risk Management Senior - Senior Analyst
|Job Type:||Permanent||Location:||Dublin City Centre|
|Salary:||€40,000 - €50,000||Contact:||Anet Burke|
My client a leading financial institution is seeking a Senior Risk Analyst to join their Financial Risk team.
The purpose of this Role is:
The Senior Risk Analyst along with the Senior Manager – Financial Risk, is responsible for the interest rate risk management. The role is responsible for the measurement and monitoring of this risk, setting of limits and policies and providing advice on appropriate mitigation and hedging policies.
What are you expected to do in this Role?
- Identify, assess and control the interest rate risk
- Cascade and monitor the risk appetite limits set by the Group’s risk appetite statement
- Ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent limit breaches
Manage reporting of interest rate risk; take operational responsibility for ensuring that all interest rate reports are prepared and submitted in a timely and accurate manner
Risk Methodology, Analytics and Models
- Develop and maintain appropriate methodologies for the measurement of interest rate risk (both duration and basis)
- Provide link between interest rate stress testing and integrated stress testing
Strategy (Risk Integration into Business)
- Integrate forecasting and stress testing results into strategic planning
- Provide advice to Treasury on appropriate hedging strategies and challenge plans as appropriate
People (Risk Culture)
- Promote a risk-aware culture in relation to interest rate risk
Standards (Risk Policy & Procedures)
- Develop policies and procedures related to interest rate risk taking , ensuring these are consistent with Group’s risk appetite and all relevant regulatory requirements
Personal Learning and Development
- Stay up-to-date with changes in regulatory requirements as well as best practice standards
Competencies for this Role
1. Drive for results
Is committed to delivering high quality results for self and team. Sets clear goals and works to meet and exceed all expectations. Is resilient and demonstrates tenacity.
2. Innovation & Change
Acts as a change agent, encouraging others to be open to change.
3. Problem Solving & Decision Making
Breaks problems into their component parts, gathers relevant data which results in an objective decision being made.
4. Building & Maintaining Relationships
Is approachable and encourages positive working relationships and proactively manages business
5. Communication & Influencing
Exchanges written and oral information and ideas in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the audience. Always acts to positively influence others in order to gain commitment
Technical Competences for this Role
- Risk Management Experience
- Experience in financial services, preferably risk management or risk reporting
- Proven exposure to financial risk management would be an advantage
- Content/Technical Knowledge
- Good understanding of the technicalities of financial risk
- Familiarity with the product types and funding sources of the company.
Further Expected Knowledge & Skills
- A high level of quantitative skills, ideally a professional qualification or degree in risk management and / or a degree or a professional qualification in a highly numerate oriented subject like mathematics, statistics, physics, economics or engineering
- Possess a combination of good communication and quantitative skills.