Tender Strategy Purchasing Manager
|Job Type:||Permanent||Location:||Dublin South|
|Benefits:||Canteen, Parking, Bonus, See Description|
My client a leading Worldwide Medical Devices company with head offices in Texas, are seeking a highly professional Tender Strategy Manager in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, offering excellent career development and company benefits.
Excellent remuneration & flexible benefits package is on offer.
This senior role of Tender Strategy Manager is to implement the company strategy for purchasing contracts across the Northern Europeregion. A key aspect of the role is to ensure the company’s pricing strategy is consistent and competitive in order to obtain maximum contract opportunities for the company and to have a One Company mindset with all contract opportunities. Crucial to the role is to identify and report pending changes to the health system structure, the resultant changing needs and to develop strategies that enable the company to lead the market.
The Tender Strategy Manager will be a member of the Northern Europe Management Team and will have responsibility to keep the team up to date with progress and opportunities for the company and work with the Regional Commercial Managers / Directors. The role reports to the RVP & General Manager of Northern Europe
- To identify Contract opportunities for all company Products and Services across Northern Europe
- Project Manage the tender process across the region by ensuring a best in class tender process which will raise the profile of the company and position the company as the Best in Class provider, thus creating significant opportunities
- To establish strong relationships with nominated Procurement Hubs, Purchasing Consortiums and Distributors, across the region
- To report Competitor contract strategies in the market place.
- To work with Regional Sales Managers to drive influence and inclusion on tender opportunities and ensure timely and accurate submission
- To build strong relationships with all internal stakeholders.
- To work closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues to optimise visibility and positioning of the company product portfolio on all available contract opportunities
- To work closely with logistics and customer care to ensure contract obligations are met and managed.
- To maintain a current knowledge of any trends and environmental changes within the health systems in northern Europe as well as Private organizations that present threats and opportunities the company
- Capture and articulate the key elements the company has to offer clinicians and the contracting authorities to demonstrate real value
- Experience of working as with Tender and contract opportunities
- Experience in a national or regional role within a health care organisation, with demonstrable success at tender / contract management
- Demonstrable track record of successful first line management experience
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Commercial understanding and business acumen
- Developing strategy and follow through to effective implementation
- Excellent communication skills capable of building ‘Best in Class’ relationships
- Strong strategic and commercial focus
- Highly self directed, collaborative and passionate about role
- Strong Ownership, and follow through (development through to execution)
- Ability to communicate clear line of sight between the healthcare strategy and business strategy.
- Analytical skills & intuition – able to pick up key issues that will drive and/or hold back business growth/success
- Travel – will require staying away from home
- Attendance at national and regional meetings as appropriate.
For a confidential discussion around this position or other opportunities please contact Anet Burke on 01 210 1010 or email your CV in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org